Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hmmph!

I just watched Zeitgeist:Addendum the second installment to the original Zeitgeist movie. It's a real head trip, but one I seriously recommend. It will bum you out at first, but it gets hopeful in the second half. Lately, I've been exposed (as I'm sure ALL of you have) to even MORE coverage of the presidential election, but after watching this movie, it makes me not even want to vote. The fundamental problems are not really being addressed, just what color band-aid we're going to put on the latest problems. Maybe that's pessimistic, but... just watch the movie and get back to me. I want to know where you guys stand on this, because I could use a little perspective.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't vote for the very reasons mentioned in this movie. I just got finished watching it and am about to send the link out to everyone on my email contact list. It's probably best that you do the same. I must say that I enjoyed this one much more than the first one (which is saying alot!) and I thought it was put together very well. It ends considerably more positive than the first one did and I think that's a good thing. After sending the first one out to everyone I know my friend Andy emailed me months later and told me how it completely changed his life and made him question his own religious beliefs for the first time in his life. He then proceeded to send it out to everyone HE knew and got equal responses from some of his friends as well. The internet is an amazing gift. And as the movie points out we must protect it. I hope that you and I can have an amazing long conversation about the power of this movie sometime soon.