Thursday, October 9, 2008

personal style .... ?

Just read a fantastic blog recently posted by Dave Douglas on Greenleaf music.

http://www.greenleafmusic.com/#/blog/2008/10/the_demands_of_style_1.php

It discusses one's personal style and accommodating disparate influences in the 21st century. Its cool too because it has a lot to do with an email I just sent Dave, lamenting my own issues on the very subject. It would be highly presumptuous of me to think the email had any influence, but it was refreshing to hear him wax philosophical on the subject.

Anyway, check it out if you get the chance - oh, and also - if you have 30 extra bucks lying around, I would suggest buying Harmonic Experience by Mathieu - I'm only 10 pages in but I can tell its going to be a priceless resource!

No comments: