Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh how it's been too long....

Yes it has been damn forever since my last blurb on the Spiralsonic goodness. I'll be honest, in the midst of the craziness of my life I kind of forgot about it. "How could you???" I know...I know...Don't worry. I still love you all. Even though we never talk... 

Jamison- I enjoyed reading your post about finding the balance in life (at least that's what I made of it...) between chaos and order. Or between insanity and sanity. Or between crazy and calm. This is a balance that I struggled with for years. There was a period of time in my life that I really got swallowed up in alot of the negative of the world and I never really took the time out of my day to focus on anything positive. I was too busy thinking about all the trash on the ground, the pollution from the cars, the violence in the world and the ignorance in people's minds. I never looked up and basked in the beauty of a cloudy day or thought about how amazing something as simple as a raindrop can be. I reached a breaking point when I lived in Charleston and it was then that I realized that something had to give. I could not go on living life the way I was living it. It dawned on me that life is not about one extreme or the other. It is not about living in the chaos or the order. It is about living in both at the same time. I know that sounds odd and believe me it's really hard to describe in blog form but if you take a moment and think about the evolution of systems in nature you will find the same thing. Systems emerge in nature out of chaos. Eventually the system becomes so organized that it falls back into chaos and the pattern repeats. You find this in social systems as well as environmental systems. Anyway the point of all of this is that you have to choose your battles, make every day mean something and touch as many people's lives as you can in a positive way. At least that's what works for me. And as far as not having a million things going through your mind at one time, good luck. I think it's called being human.

Keep in mind it isn't all this pretty. On the way home tonight I starting ranting to my car radio as I was listening to NPR. There was no one in the car to rant to so the stereo had to take it. However in the middle of my rant I finally vocalized in an easily tangible form the details of the human cycle that has us enslaved in violence and ignorance since the very beginning. It's simple. It goes like this:

We buy weapons to kill people to take their stuff to make money to buy weapons to kill people to take their stuff to make money to buy weapons to kill people to take their stuff to make money to buy weapons to kill people to take their stuff to make money to buy weapons to kill people to take their stuff to make money to buy weapons to kill people...... 

Hope all is well with all.
-c.

1 comment:

Jamison said...

hey man - thanks for bringin' the heat back! we missed you. and of course, thanks for your words - feel free to use this space to vent yo shit! we miss you guys ~ !