Tuesday, September 9, 2008

officially hopeful....

So, last I got a random notification of an experimental show going on... in Nashville! It was the first show of its kind at this venue (the basement) and for a monday night, the turn out was really good. The music was fantastic and I talked with a lot of musicians. it turns out some of them are planning a house party for some music, which is exactly what I've been doing. Anyway,

As Jeremy knows, my feelings about Nashville have been pretty up and down, but for some reason, last night really got my engines roaring. I couldn't keep a smile off my face as I listened to the music and saw everyone in the audience totally into it.

Things are on the up and up - and tonight I'm going to see to some groove jazz just down the street. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Nashville will eventually represent in the good music dept. I've also come to realize that a lot of times, you have to give a city time and do some digging before you realize there are great things happening. Booyakasha!

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Booyakasha indeed... booyakasha indeed