Friday, April 18, 2008

An incredible night of sound

Last night I experienced a tremendous array of sounds all of which were transcendent.  First I watched David Lynch's "Eraserhead" at the Belcourt Theatre whilst drinking a PBR.   This was the first David Lynch movie I had ever seen, and all I can say is,.... holy shit.  What a heavy flick - and what unbelievable use of sound!!!  In fact, it is what made the movie work in my opinion.  If you haven't seen it, please do so.  You might want to "alter your state" before hand for viewing enhancement.

After that I checked out a band I've been meaning to see for a while, Tommy and the Whale.  I was hoping for a much needed sonic pick-me-up, and they delivered in full effect.  Probably one of the best shows I've seen in Nashville (by a local band no less!) and quite possible one of the best shows ever.  I could go into detail as to why this was, but I'll just say, if you live around Nashville, check this band out - some of the best indie-pop-rock I've heard.  Incredible songwriting, excellent musicianship and they definitely know how to put on a show. 

Thats all for now - and please - anyone who wants to use this blog as a "diary of sorts" - please feel free.  I don't want this blog to be all about me.  me me me.  



No comments: